High-technology operations performed at the department
- Among the range of high-technology operations, performed at the department, it’s worth to outline the following:
- Laparoscopic radical prostate vesiculectomy (the first to be executed in Russia based on our department), retropubic radical prostate vesiculectomy in localized (Т1-Т2) and regional Т3 prostatic cancer;
- laparoscopic diagnostic lymphadenectomy for the oncological staging of urogenital system diseases;
- laparoscopic radical nephrectomy, partial nephrectomy in oncological renal diseases;
- nephroscopy, contact lithotripsy, nephrolitholapaxy, nephrolithoextraction (the majority of patients has coral nephrolithiasis);
- laparoscopic ureteropelvic junction plastics – the first to be executed in Russia based on the department of our centre and successfully implemented for the treatment of strictures, vascular conflicts and UPJ impaired development;
- urethral plastics in extended strictures and obliterations;
- Clinical blood analysis, coagulating factor + platelets — within 10 days;
- Clinical urine analysis — within 10 days;
- SSR (RW) – within 21 day.
- Viral hepatitis B and C markers — within 6 months;
- Biochemical blood analysis — within 14 days: bilirubin (total, direct), total protein, creatinine, transaminase (AST, ALT), glucose, urea, simple coagulation profile;
- Stool test for helminthes– within 21 day;
- ECG (in trace with description) – within 14 days;
- Abdominal + kidney ultrasound investigation— within 3 months;
- Fibrogastroduodenoscopy with stomach biopsy;
- Chest fluorogram (X-ray) – within 1 year;
- Therapist’s report – within 1 month;
- Gynecologist’s report (for women).
The priority development fields in gynecology involve the surgical treatment benign and malignant lesions of female genital organs. The majority of operations are implemented with laparoscopic approach: adnexectomy, ovary resection, conservative myomectomy, hysterectomy.
The surgical area involves laparoscopic and open surgery on bile ducts, spleen and other abdominal cavity organs. We also perform laparoscopic cholecystectomy, choledocholithotomy, spleenectomy, the treatment of anterior abdominal wall hernia, endoscopic papillosphincterotomy, resection of abdominal cysts. In varicose lower extremity vein disease we perform traditional and minimally invasive interventions with endoscopic subfascial dissection of perforating veins.
The department is fitted with the most advanced medical equipment. Annually more than 1000 operations are performed at RSDTM Department. The room block of the department disposes cozy 1, 2 and 3-seat superior patient’s rooms. The personnel of RSDTM are represented by highly-experienced doctors, who regularly improve their qualification at leading domestic and foreign clinics, and participate in all-Russian and international conferences and symposiums.
The scientific work based on the given department is conducted in the following lines: “laparoscopic surgery of hydronephrosis”, “endoscopic surgery of urethral calculus”. Planned admission at the Surgical Department takes place only after receiving medical specialist’s consultation at advisory reception. Upon consultation with the Head of Department, the admission date and the volume of required diagnostic study are established.
- The list of investigations, necessary for admission to the department of RSDTM